Sunday, July 24, 2016

Tuesday, July 19, 2016


Matthew 12: 46-50

While Jesus was speaking to the crowds,
his mother and his brothers appeared outside,
wishing to speak with him.
Someone told him, “Your mother and your brothers are standing outside,
asking to speak with you.”
But he said in reply to the one who told him,
“Who is my mother? Who are my brothers?”
And stretching out his hand toward his disciples, he said,
“Here are my mother and my brothers.
For whoever does the will of my heavenly Father
is my brother, and sister, and mother.”

God’s Kingdom is among us, that is, God’s royal nature has chosen to dwell among men. Anyone who turns their mind and will to that of the Father is adopted by him as his child. We become heirs to the royal kingdom. We inherit God’s royal nature. God became incarnate to be one of us and to live as one of us to show us the right way to live and to be in right relationship with the Father. Then the Father adopted us as his children. He went from God of all creation, so far beyond our reach, to being one among us, to being our brother – family. God crossed all infinity, all creation and lowered himself to call me son, brother.
How humble is our God?




No comments:

Post a Comment