Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Saturday, August 13, 2016


Matthew 19: 13 – 15

Children were brought to Jesus
that he might lay his hands on them and pray.
The disciples rebuked them, but Jesus said,
“Let the children come to me, and do not prevent them;
for the Kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.”
After he placed his hands on them, he went away.

I look upon you with disdain and scorn you wretched, filthy excuse for a person. You are less than human. You are a bum, a street person. You are a waste of life. This world would be better without you in it.

Jesus looks upon the very same person with pity, compassion, and love. Jesus allows himself to be tortured and put to death for that person. Who am I to look upon this person with disdain? Who am I to judge this person unworthy? Who am I to keep this person from Christ?

Jesus casts no one away. Jesus calls all to himself. As doulos I am not to turn people from Jesus but I am commanded to bring Jesus to the people.

Let the children come to me, and do not prevent them.

We all are children to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment