Sunday, June 5, 2016

Sunday, June 5, 2016


Galatians 1: 11-14A, 15AC, 16A, 17, 19

I want you to know, brothers and sisters,
that the gospel preached by me is not of human origin.
For I did not receive it from a human being, nor was I taught it,
but it came through a revelation of Jesus Christ.

For you heard of my former way of life in Judaism,
how I persecuted the Church of God beyond measure
and tried to destroy it, and progressed in Judaism
beyond many of my contemporaries among my race.
But when God, who from my mother’s womb had set me apart
was pleased to reveal his Son to me,
so that I might proclaim him to the Gentiles,
I went into Arabia and then returned to Damascus.

Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem
to talk with Cephas and remained with him for fifteen days.
But I did not see any other of the Apostles,
only James the brother of the Lord.

For I did not receive it from a human being, nor was I taught it, but it came through a revelation of Jesus Christ.


This is a reminder to us that the Gospel is not ours. I do not proclaim the Gospel of Bob. As a Minister of the Word it is my job to pass on the Gospel of Christ as it was handed down to me. I am to teach what Jesus taught the Twelve, that is, I am to teach what the Church teaches. I am not entitled to my own opinion when it comes to matters of morals and faith. None of us are.

But when God, who from my mother’s womb had set me apart was pleased to reveal his Son to me, so that I might proclaim him to the Gentiles…

God knew his plan for my life before I was in the womb. He set me apart to serve him in a different capacity. He called me to this service, but I refused to hear his voice. The Lord persisted. He made the call so obvious that I could no longer resist. I pray that he continues to reveal his son to me through the Holy Spirit and to use me as an instrument of his will.

All of us are called to greater things. We are not called to the same thing. Life is like a puzzle and we are the pieces. We each have our place in the picture. For the picture to work each of us must fulfill our job by being the piece of the puzzle we were created to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment