Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Tuesday, June 21, 2016


Matthew 7: 6, 12-14

Jesus said to his disciples:
“Do not give what is holy to dogs, or throw your pearls before swine,
lest they trample them underfoot, and turn and tear you to pieces.

“Do to others whatever you would have them do to you.
This is the Law and the Prophets.

“Enter through the narrow gate;
for the gate is wide and the road broad that leads to destruction,
and those who enter through it are many.
How narrow the gate and constricted the road that leads to life.
And those who find it are few.”

We are children of God and our goal in life is to be holy as God is holy. My faith, morals, and values are treasures to me, my pearls. If I keep company with unrighteous people and do unrighteous things my treasures will be destroyed and soon I will be living an unholy life. If I want to live a holy life I need to surround myself with holy things. The things I read, the music I listen to, the shows I watch, and even the people I let in my little circle all should be good and holy.

The way of the world is the wide gate. The way of the world leads inward, to serving the self. The wide gate is indulgent. These things lead to eternal damnation. The narrow gate is difficult because the narrow gate is one of service to others. To get through the narrow gate I must deny myself and live for the other. The narrow gate is the way of love.

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you, not, do on to others as they do unto you. If I am living the life God has called me to others will hate me and persecute me. I am not to respond to them in kind. If I want others to love me, to recognize my dignity, and to give me respect then that is what I must do unto everyone. As a Christian I am called to live as an example of Christ to the world. I may be the only bible someone ever reads. I need to be the best translation possible.



No comments:

Post a Comment